Hemorrhoids are swelling of the blood vessels in the anus. And often cause problems with the digestive system. Many people suffer from the pain, bleeding, and severe itching caused by this disease. especially when excreting But fortunately, this disease can be alleviated. by choosing the right diet This article will let everyone know. hemorrhoids What foods to eat and what to avoid
hemorrhoids How important is food choice UFABET?
that hemorrhoids It is a disease caused by an increase in pressure within the lower rectum. This increase in pressure may come from
- straining too hard
- sitting for long periods of time in the bathroom
- chronic constipation or diarrhea
- being overweight
- anal sex
- regular heavy lifting
- eating a diet low in fiber
Dietary fiber is an important factor in treating and preventing hemorrhoids. Because dietary fiber helps to soften the stool. making it easy to excrete You don’t have to exert a lot of pressure on your stools. It also does not cause constipation. eliminating the need to sit in the bathroom for a long time
Just by eating properly. It will reduce the risk factors that cause hemorrhoids by more than half. Therefore, choosing the right food with high dietary fiber is considered an important part. That will help prevent us from hemorrhoids. And help relieve the symptoms of hemorrhoids to recover faster.
food to eat If you have hemorrhoids
Important in the treatment of hemorrhoids is to excrete with quality Dietary fiber is a key factor in helping your bowel movements, so it’s best to choose foods that are high in fiber. In addition, they should drink enough water each day. Because it will help soften the stool. Can excrete more easily And can help relieve the symptoms of hemorrhoids. As an example of a high fiber diet are as follows
- whole grain You should avoid refined white flour. and turned to eating whole grains and unrefined flours such as whole wheat, brown rice, barley or oats, as these whole grains contain the bran and germ. rich in dietary fiber Especially the dietary fiber in oats and barley. It is a dietary fiber that can be dissolved in water.
- Various legumes, plants in the legume family such as mung beans, peas, black beans, soybeans or lentils. They all provide high fiber together. Just ½ cup of these nuts can provide up to 1/3 of your daily fiber needs. Depending on the type of nuts you choose to eat. Plus, these nuts are low in calories. easy to find And there are many types to choose from.
- Cruciferous vegetables, such as broccoli, cauliflower, collard greens, Chinese cabbage, and kale, have cancer-fighting properties. It is also an important source of insoluble fiber. Eating 76 grams of fresh broccoli may provide up to 2 grams of dietary fiber. These fibers help with bowel movements. and increase the functioning of the digestive system
- Root Vegetables Root vegetables such as sweet potatoes, radishes, beets, carrots and potatoes are rich in beneficial nutrients. and dietary fiber that is good for the digestive system Most of these plant fibers are found in the bark. Therefore, root vegetables should be eaten without peeling. Potatoes contain carbohydrates. Resistant starch. These starches are beneficial to the beneficial bacteria in the gut. Improves the functioning of the digestive system.
foods to avoid If you have hemorrhoids
Foods that patients with hemorrhoids should avoid is that those foods that contain less dietary fiber and foods that can cause constipation Because constipation can make the symptoms of hemorrhoids more severe. Examples of foods patients with hemorrhoids should avoid are as follows
- Dairy products such as milk, cheese, butter, etc.
- Refined starchy foods such as white bread, pasta, noodles, and steamed rice. Refined flour does not contain bran. and germ in cereal grains which is an important part of dietary fiber Refined flour has less fiber than unrefined flour.
- Red meat Hemorrhoids patients should avoid eating red meat. Because this type of meat is difficult to digest. It also has less dietary fiber. Causing the chance to cause constipation if ingested
- Processed meats such as sausages, ham, bacon, bologna and other processed meat products. Because this type of food is less dietary fiber. It’s also high in sodium. It may increase your risk of developing constipation. and can lead to hemorrhoids
- Various fried foods Various fried foods In addition to being high in fat and cholesterol. It’s also difficult to digest food. Salty foods You should be careful with your salt intake, as eating too much salt can lead to dehydration. increase the pressure in the blood vessels This increase in pressure can affect hemorrhoids.
- Spicy food Eating spicy food can be irritating for hemorrhoid patients. and may increase pain while excreting more
- caffeinated beverages Caffeinated beverages, especially coffee, can harden your stools. Makes excretion more difficult and may lead to constipation
- alcoholic beverages The same goes for caffeinated beverages. Alcohol can harden your stools. and more difficult to excrete as well