Fat isn’t always scary or bad for your body. because the body needs good fats also known as good cholesterol Or HDL fat (HDL) in transporting fatty acids and cholesterol to the liver. to destroy and excrete through the bile, knowing what good fats are May help to choose the right food until the UFABET body receives more good fat. And may have a positive effect on health , such as preventing bad cholesterol from accumulating in the arteries until clogging the arteries Reduces the risk of developing cardiovascular disease
What are good fats?
Good fats or good cholesterol Or HDL fat (High Density Lipoprotein or HDL) is fat that is beneficial to the body. Because it helps to get rid of bad fat. or bad cholesterol Also known as LDL cholesterol (Low Density Lipoprotein or LDL), it also helps transport cholesterol and triglycerides from arteries and tissues to the liver. to destroy and excrete through the bile Prevent cholesterol or fat accumulation causing disease.
In general, HDL levels in men over the age of 20 should be greater than 50 mg/dL. and women aged 20 years and over should be more than 40 mg/dL. or if more than 60 milligrams / deciliter is even more beneficial to the body, if there is good fat in the body below 40 milligrams / deciliter May increase the risk of developing arteriosclerosis in various organs such as the brain, heart, constriction, leading to serious diseases such as stroke.
benefits of good fats
Good fats are made by the liver. And may be beneficial to the body in many ways, such as having a duty to help eliminate cholesterol or bad fat that clings to the blood vessels Therefore, it may help reduce the risk of developing various serious diseases such as coronary artery disease. Stroke. However, the use of certain medications, such as beta-blockers used to treat high blood pressure, can cause stroke. Benzodiazepines Benzodiazepines, used to treat insomnia and anxiety Including having diabetes, it may result in the level of good cholesterol in the blood being too low. and negatively affecting the control of lipids in the blood
What are good fat foods?
Foods rich in healthy fats may include:
- Olive oil may help increase levels of good fats and reduce inflammation in the body caused by bad fats. Because olive oil contains polyphenols. (Polyphenols) that may increase good fats to the body. One study looked at the influence of polyphenols in olive oil on the risk of heart disease. Published in the Annals of Internal Medicine of the United States in 2006, 200 healthy male volunteers ate olive oil containing phenolic compounds (Phenolic), an antioxidant in olive oil in High, medium, low levels of LDL of the participants decreased significantly.
- Whole grains , such as brown rice, cereal, whole grain bread. It is rich in fiber which may help reduce bad fats in the body.
- Fish such as salmon, mackerel, and sardines are deep-sea fish rich in omega-3s, which may help reduce bad fats and increase good fats in the body.
- Avocado is a fruit that contains folate (Folate), oleic acid (Oleic Acid) and monounsaturated fat. which may be heart-healthy fats including beta-sitosterol (Beta-Sitosterol) that may help reduce blood cholesterol levels.
- Soy contains antioxidants such as isoflavones, lecithin, saponins, and fiber and soy protein that may help lower blood cholesterol levels. Reduce the risk of developing cardiovascular disease.
In addition, some lifestyle changes, such as exercising regularly for at least 30 minutes/day, avoiding smoking. Including eating foods that are beneficial to the body may help reduce bad fat in the body as well.